I finally have a few minutes to sit down & write about what's been going on with me this past month. I started this journey out doing a lot of running...especially on the tread mil. That probably lasted about 2 weeks. I was getting a little tired of running although I know how many calories it burns I was ready for something else. This something else has come in a lifting routine that I absolutely love. All together it takes me about 1 hr 20 min, to get through the whole routine including the mile of intervals I do after lifting. After doing both the running on the tread mil for 2 weeks & then switching over to lifting & intervals for 2 weeks, I can tell you that I have seen better results for my body from doing the lifting & intervals. I guess that is why trainers really encourage you to lift as well as do cardio. I have also been taking a day off in between to let my whole body recoup. So like today I lifted & did a mile in intervals so tomorrow I will take a day off & hit the gym again on Friday. I am still watching what I eat. This part is probably the toughest part of the whole process. One little slip & I could totally ruin my whole day. During this next month I am going to really focus on what I am eating. I feel like I am in a great routine with my workouts now I just need to get my eating on board! Baby steps right?!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment