Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day #16 Skate City

Spring Break has to be one of the hardest times to exercise! Every day is a lazy day, the kids sleep in & so do I. I guess what I am trying to say is the motivation to exercise is really not there :) But today I go to the gym. I am using a lifting program that Mitch's cousin introduced us to in Jan. I think I need to start lifting more often so I am going to try & designate Tues/Thurs. as my lifting days & do cardio on the other days. It is a great workout. When I was done I was huffing & puffing a little, which kind of surprised me that I was a little winded. I thought if I can run 3 miles why am I winded? I guess it's just a different type of workout...which is good. At the end of the workout the program has me running intervals for 8-10 min. This is probably the toughest part. My legs are so tired from the lifting but I run my intervals & realize I ran 1 mile in 11 minutes. It feels good to be done with the workout...lifting has sure taken a lot out of me.
Tonight we took the kids to the skating rink! I got on my Rollerblades from high school on & took a few turns around the rink with the kids...just a few more calories burned :)
Tomorrow & Thursday we will be skiing. Taking advantage of all the new snow they have gotten up in the Rockies. I probably won't be able to blog...but will let you know how it goes when we arrive back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment