Day #3: For some reason today has been the easiest so far to get motivated. I think part of the reason is my body knows what to expect, the other part is i've been SO encouraged by all of you who have written me notes to let me know you are rooting for me. It's been such a great encouragement today.
So for day 3 I wanted to switch it up a little so I dragged myself to the gym.The first thing I do is weigh myself...ahhh...SO discouraging...it's worse than I thought! In some ways this news pushes me to work harder during today's workout. I will not weigh myself for another month...I don't like getting on the scale every day...it's just not worth it to me. So my goal is to weigh again in 1 month from now.
I wasn't too sure what I was going to do when I got to the gym, but all I knew was I needed a change. I think when my body gets too much of one exercise it starts to get too used to it & doesn't respond the way it should. I thought I would start early & switch it up, but when I walked into the gym the treadmills where staring me right in the eye...almost like they were calling my name "angela, angela come closer & stomp all over me"! I give in to the call & find myself on the treadmill. My first thought is to go for 2 miles...I start walking at in incline ( a friend once told me that if you want to loose the backside walk at an incline)...so i'm off...swinging arms & all! I get done with 1/2 a mile & start running at a good pace especially for my short stubby legs! I start feeling it in my lungs again, but this time not as much...I can actually breath. I hit the 1 Mile mark & slow the pace, walk at an incline for another 1/2 mile...by this time my legs are getting tired & i'm starting to get hot (thanks goodness for those fans). It doesn't help that I am wearing sweats (not comfortable in my shorts yet...but that will come) . I'm thinking to myself just 1/2 mile left & I can get off this thing...so my legs start running again for the last 1/2 mile. I don't know about you, but looking down at the miles does not help the process seem any quicker!! I keep telling myself to not look down...ahhh...I look down..still .25 miles to go..what? I thought I was so much closer to being done! Finally I hit the 2Mile mark! I slow it down to cool off, but realize I can go further...my legs start walking the incline again...this is funny...my body was telling me to stop because I was tired, but my mind was telling me to keep going. Today I listened to my mind...I kept going! I tried to mix it up by walking backwards on the treadmill for 1/2Mile...if you have never done this try it...I put the incline up to an 8 & the speed at 2.5...it's such a great burn on your legs and backside! The last 1/2 Mile I mix up some incline walking & running...45 minutes & 3 Miles later I push the stop button!!! I have this sense of relief & victory! It's such a great feeling to get done with any workout & feel that sense of accomplishment. As I walk away from the treadmill I make my way over to the mats...ab time. I didn't want to push to hard with the abs since it is my first day in awhile doing any ab work. I grab a 10 lb weight sit on the floor...feet in front of me while I lean back just a little. I hold the weight in both hands out in front of me and move from side to side...ahhh...i'm feeling the burn with just the first rep! (This is something you can easily do at home even if you don't have a weight find an object that weighs a few lbs). I do 2 more reps & call it a day & stretch. Stretching is such a good release at the end of your workouts...I don't stretch enough, but i'm working on that.
So far today has been a great day...I ate a good breakfast & had turkey roll-ups for lunch with some Kashi crackers. Tonight is Italian night at school...this will be a great time to practice self control & watch my portion control. I will be sure to report how I did :)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment