Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day #7 The end of the first week

Well I officially took the day off! It was really nice to not worry about getting some exercise. I did however watch carefully what I put in my mouth! Today for lunch I had a spinach salad with a little bit of chicken ( a friend once told me that spinach is a "power food")!For a snack in the afternoon I ate a Lara bar. My friend Holly introduced them to me & I just love them. It was a very filling snack that held me over until dinner. For dinner I had another salad with some beef strips. I was able to pass on the cornbread muffins....yay! I say this with much excitement because I usually never have enough will power to overcome bread!
Just a quick update on my progress...since I am not weighing myself for another 3 weeks the best way for me to gauge my weight loss is how my clothes are fitting. Today I wore some nice slacks to church. Last Sunday these slacks were a little tight...not uncomfortable, but I was sucking it in to button them up :) Today I slip on the same pair...I believe my belly is starting to shrink. I put the slacks on & feel a bit of relief...they are more loose fitting then they were last Sunday! I'm very excited to start a new week tomorrow. I hope to get to the gym first thing in the morning. I will be helping a friend unpack her moving trailer in Denver the rest of the day.
Thank you all again for your encouragement this past week. It was hard, but you all made it so much easier! Lots of love...

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I had a Lara bar. I'm going to go buy some today. I think you are doing great and I'm very proud of you. I wish we could go to the gym together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Holly! Thanks for being my cheerleader from afar!

    ReplyDelete