Monday, March 16, 2009
Day #8 "The Little Engine That Could"
Today was a little different than most. Mitch & I helped a friend unpack her moving truck in Denver. I knew we would be leaving soon after 9 this morning so I had to get to the gym early. I made it in, but was extremely tired. I didn't have much time so I decided to run a few miles on the treadmill...figured that would burn the most calories in the small amount of time I had. I hop on the treadmill and start running right away. No time to warm up today I just go all out. The first mile was good. Between the 1st & 2nd mile I walk for 1 minute. I read once that if you walk a minute between each mile you will finish stronger. I've found this to be true after running 2 - 1/2 marathons. When I start the 2nd mile my legs are not moving...I can't decide if they are gonna fall off or if I might fall off the treadmill :) By 1.5 miles I am feeling so done & can't seem to get through the last 1/2 mile. I quickly jump to the side of the treadmill (legs straddling the treadmill) & have to give myself a pep talk. After a few seconds my pep talk has pushed me to finish the last 1/2 mile. It was so mentally hard to get through that last 1/2 mile, but I make it. Not sure if it was just the lack of sleep I've had over the last couple nights (Mitch has been out of town), but my body was just not moving. I really hope tomorrow is an easier day. It's amazing how some days my body feels so good & other days my body feels like it's 90 yrs old! I think when my body is feeling 90 yrs old is the times I want to quit. Although, this is the way I felt today I kept telling myself I could do it (kinda like the story "The Little Engine That Could". If you ever have those days when you just don't want to keep going with the exercise keep telling yourself you can do it & once you have done it, you will have such a great sense of accomplishment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment