Thursday, March 12, 2009
Day #4 I'm Tired
Today was a little harder to get motivated...probably because I was extremely tired thanks to yesterday's workout. I was dressed in my workout clothes since I got up (thinking I would go this morning). Well I thought about what to do all day (I think this was just an excuse to keep putting it off since I knew exactly what I wanted to do). Around 3pm I take myself to the gym. Once again I am faced with the decision to get on the treadmill or do something else. Well, after some tips from some of you I have decided to do some lifting today, nothing too serious, but something to get my muscles working. I spend about 30 minutes lifting & working on my abs. I do have sore abs after yesterday :) Today it feels good to work on them a little more. After my lifting & ab exercises I walk upstairs...as I walk up the stairs I can feel the burn in my legs. I start thinking to myself...uh oh...this is gonna hurt tomorrow! So here I am standing at the top of the stairs looking at all the cardio equipment...I have lots of choices...I decide to get on something other than the treadmill! I find myself on a particular piece of equipment (not sure of the name). Let me try & explain what it feels like. It feels like I am running up hill, but I never have to lift up my feet...kind of like an elliptical, but different. Maybe some of you know what I am talking about. Within the first 5 minutes I am winded...this is HARD! I keep telling myself to push...As I endure the pain I look out this huge window in front of me and see a beautiful sight...I have this enormous mountain range (the rockies) right in front of me...covered in snow, with a huge storm cloud covering it...there's a storm moving in. This sight reminded me of God's creation & how He has created such beauty. I try to stay focused on watching the storm & end up pushing for 30 minutes! This was harder than I thought it would be going into it, but I'm proud that I made it 30 minutes on that machine! Once I step off I head over to stretch...this feels so good today! I would like to leave you all with something I read today, it is really interesting when you actually stop & think about it..."Sticking to a healthful portion size is one of the keys to weight control. People tend to finish what's on their plate regardless of the amount (studies show). But smaller portions can leave you feeling just as satisfied as larger ones" Hmmm...something to think about the next time you sit down for dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment