Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Intro To AngelaOnTheRun!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for taking an interest in my blog AngelaOnTheRun! So as most of you know I have always struggled with my weight, ever since I can remember I have never been skinny & i've always been ok with that. I excelled in sports in high school & never really worried about my weight because I could at least jump & spike a volleyball or hit a softball & run the bases :) Now that I have turned 30 my story is a little different. I am married to the most amazing man ever & I have 2 precious kids, ages 6 & 4. They mean the world to me & I feel incredibly blessed to have them.
I'll give you a little background of my life as it pertains to exercise. After children I really had & still have one of those bellies that doesn't seem to ever get any smaller no matter what I do (maybe some of you have that same experience ) :) Maybe not? In 2007 I set out a goal and trained for my 1st half marathon. It was an amazing experience & I lost about 30 lbs in one year. I have never felt better. In 2008 I trained once again for my 2nd half marathon. This time around it was a little easier...I weighed 25 lbs less and my body could definitely feel the difference. I finished 10 minutes earlier than my 1st half marathon. It was such a relief to be done with training, although I love the hype of the actual half marathon day! I believe right after this is when I started to loose any motivation for working out. I was done, my body had been hammered by the pavement & treadmil for 2 years & I wasn't feeling the need to do anything in regards to exercise. I gave myself about a month off then tried to get back into it. By that time we were in the process of moving our family from Flagstaff to Colorado Springs. Let's just say...lots of going out to eat for many months = putting back on the lbs. Not all the lbs thankfully, but enough to be a big discouragement. It's always felt like a vicious cycle. I exercise for a few weeks & then something comes up or I just get lazy & don't exercise & in the meantime I am not eating healthy. So that brings us up to today. It is March 10, 2009 & I am no longer getting sucked into my vicious cycle of weight loss. This is where you all, my dear friends & family come in to play...I need accountability. The whole reason for me to blog is so you can read about my daily exercise. I hope that this will be an encouragement to me & that this would in some way be an encouragement to you. Please feel free to harass me if I have failed to neglect my exercise. My goal is to exercise 5 days out of the week. I truly hope to do more like 6 or 7 times a week. Also, if you have any tips or any healthy meal ideas or websites please share. I would like this to be a place where we can all share healthy living ideas! Stay tuned for my first blog on the first 2 days of exercising! Love to all...Angela

3 comments:

  1. I here you on the lifetime weight struggle! Especially after kids! Hopefully, you will motivate/encourage me to get rid of the excess and be healthy. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin! I'm encouraged that you are encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that blogging is a helpful tool in your process! Best wishes with the blog AND the healthy living!

    ReplyDelete